ENROLMENTS for AUTUMN 2020
Enrolment Applications will be taken for new Junior Infants for Autumn 2020 on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 7th, 8th and 9th of January 2020 between 9.30am and 1.00pm each day.
Applications are NOT on a "first come first place" basis.
- New Junior Infants commencing September 2020, ie children who have not previously attended a recognised school.
The following is the procedure relating to applications for Junior Infants commencing September 2020: All applicants must have reached their 4th birthday by 31st August 2020.
Our intake for September 2020 will be 162 children i.e. 6 classes of 27 children.
- Parents or Legal Guardian must call in person to the school where the Application Form will be completed by school personnel. All required documentation, without exception, must be supplied at the time of application:
- Original Birth Certificate/Adoption Certificate.(not a photocopy)
All pupils who are accepted for enrolment will be registered as per the name on their birth certificate.
- Child’s PPSN (requirement from Department of Education & Skills)
- Two original items as proof of address, issued within 3 months:
- one being a gas/electricity bill *** and
- any one of the following: Statement from Bank/Building Society/Credit Union, Letter from Dept. Social Protection/Revenue. Other official correspondence from an Irish State Agency.
(not required in the case of siblings who attend or have attended Holy Family Schools)
- E-mail address for one parent/guardian
- Any other relevant reports e.g., medical/psychological/speech & language reports. Any special needs must be referred to at application stage (see addendum with respect to pupils with special needs).
***Where the applicant cannot present the stipulated utility bill, a letter from a Peace Commissioner / Commissioner of Oaths, confirming that the address given is the primary residence of the child/applicant. This letter must be dated within the previous 3 months of the date of application.
- Enrolment Dates 7th, 8th & 9th January 2020 (daily between 9.30 and 1.00 pm)
- Closing date for completed applications accepted for admissions of Junior Infants in September 2020 is 31st January 2020 at 2.30 pm
- Any applications received after this date are classified as late applications.
- Places will be offered in writing by 21st February 2020.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified in writing by 21st February 2020. This notification will include the child’s place on the waiting list.
- Acceptance of Offer – signed Acceptance form must be received by the school by Tuesday 3rd March 2020 at 2.30 pm.
- Non-Acceptance of Offer form or failure to return Acceptance form to the school by Tuesday 3rd March 2020 at 2.30 pm will be taken that a place is no longer required and place will be offered to next child on waiting list.
- Waiting list – The Junior Infant Waiting List for 2020 will operate until the 30th September 2020. Places will be offered strictly in accordance with our Admissions Policy.
2. Children who wish to transfer from a recognised school to Holy Family Junior School.
- Application may be made at any time during the school year excluding 7th, 8th & 9th January 2020.
- Parents of children seeking a transfer to any class (including Junior Infants after 30th September) are expected to visit the school to complete a Transfer Application Form. The documentation required is as listed above, together with recent school reports and any assessment reports. The school may contact the child’s current school to seek additional information.
Offer of admission may be withdrawn where it is established that information provided in the application is false or misleading, where the applicant fails to confirm the acceptance of the offer in writing and where the parent/guardian fails to confirm their support of the ethos and policies of the school.
Lobbying of School personnel or Board members regarding admission will disqualify an applicant.
Application Forms are NOT available in advance of calling to the school.
Please note the closing date for completed applications (including all required documentation) is 2.30pm on the 31st January 2020.
The school catchment area is the Parish of St. Finian, Swords. Places are offered strictly in accordance with our Admissions Policy. (Note: Parish boundaries are defined by the Catholic Archdioceses).
Click below to view current Admissions Policy and Annual Admissions Statement 2020.