Enrolments opening 1st Oct to 12 noon 30th Nov.
Please click on the 'Read More' link for links to our Admissions Policy 2022 and our Annual Admissions Notice 2022. Also available by clicking the links at bottom of page under the heading 'Downloads.'Read More
Welcome to Holy Family J.N.S.
Welcome to the online home of Holy Family Junior National School, Swords. Here you will find all the news and information you need - whether you are a prospective parent planning to enrol your child in the future or one of our already familiar faces, keeping up to date, as we all work together to make the childrens' time in school here as enjoyable and fruitful as possible.
These pages carry all the news, events and happenings from around the school to give you a taste of what's going on here - and there is always plenty going on!!
All the essential information you need - general school information, policies, school calendar, book lists to name a few - can be found by clicking on the links across the top of each page. Ongoing news, events and updates are posted as they arise to one of the "News Streams" down the right side of the site. Excerpts from the most recent posts appear on the home page. To read the full post you can click on the word "More". Keep an eye on the "Gallery" section to see photo collections from school life.
So, we hope you find the site useful and enjoyable and that you will check back regularly for the latest updates and developments.
- 13-12-2022First Class Christmas ConcertChurch
- 14-12-2022Senior Infant Christmas ConcertSchool Hall
- 15-12-2022Junior Infant Christmas ConcertSchool Hall
- 15-12-2022Second Class Christmas ConcertChurch
- 21-12-2022Christmas HolidaysSchool closes until 5th January
- 05-01-2023School Re-opensHappy New Year!
We are all so proud of our Second Class boys and girls who graduated from Holy Family JNS this week. Congratulations on a fantastic four years in the Junior School. We have had lots of fun and made many happy memories over the past four years together. We hope you all have a great summer and we wish you the very best of luck in the Senior School next year.
- Obair iontach ar súil i Rang a hAon leis an Gaeilge. Féach ar na dánta agus na scéalta atá le scríobh acu! Comhghairdeas le Lucy, Michelle agus Meabh i Seomra 12. Chum Lucy an dán "An Aimsir", chum Michelle an dán "An Samhradh" agus scríobh Meabh scéal faoi beirt bhuachaillí. Maith sibh a cháiliní!Great efforts and work being done by First Class with their Gaeilge. Look at the poems and stories they are writing independently! Well done Lucy, Michelle and Meabh in Room 12.Read More
- Lá spraíúil a bhí againn roimh an Chásca. Rinne gach duine Tóraíochta na Cásca timpeall an scoile. Bhain na páistí an-taitneamh as. Bhí siad ag úsaid na focail nua agus bhain siad úsaid as bhur scileanna mata freisin. Buíochas le Ms. Coen agus Ms Ginty leis an lá a eagrú.We had a great day before Easter as the children took part in an "Easter Hunt" around the school grounds. The children really enjoyed this. They not only used their new irish vocabulary but they also had to use their counting and maths skills to complete the challenge! Special thanks to Ms. Coen (Maths Co-ordinator) and Ms Ginty (Irish Co-ordinator) for organising the day.
Science Week 2022
Last week, May 3rd- 6th 2022, saw the long-awaited return of Science Week to Holy Family JNS. Science Week takes place nationally in November but we always like to mark it in the Spring term instead. Due to COVID closures this is the first time we have been able to celebrate it since April 2019.
Science in a Junior School is often a subject that flies under the radar as children may not recognise that the lesson they are doing on trees or light, for example, is classed as Science, and without any regular Science homework, parents can also be unclear about what is covered at this level. So having a week dedicated to Science can help to highlight this curricular area, as well as how important Science is in every day life, and the many jobs and hobbies that an interest in Science can lead you towards.Read More